2020 Career Award Submissions Now Open!
Dissertation/Postdoc award announcement is Coming Soon.
Nominations Solicited for 2020 Patient-Reported Outcomes Measures (PROMs) Career Achievement
Prize of $20,000 (USD)
We are seeking nominations for the 2020 Health Assessment Lab/Medical Outcomes Trust* John Ware and
Alvin Tarlov Career Achievement Prize in Patient-Reported Outcomes Measures (PROMs), which includes a
Upon submission of nominations, candidates are reviewed by a panel of experts selected by the Health
Assessment of Lab/Medical Outcomes Trust and the International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQua).
Recipients of the prize are announced and honored at ISQua's Annual International Conference, which will be held August 30 – September 2, 2020 in Florence, Italy. The recipient will be expected to be present on
August 31 to receive the award and share reflections on his/her work and how it has contributed to the field.
The award is named in honor of the Health Assessment Laboratory/Medical Outcomes Trust's founders, Dr.John E. Ware, Jr., and Dr. Alvin Tarlov - two of the world's leading pioneers in the development and use of patient reported outcome measures.
The successful candidate will have made significant contributions to the field of PROMs throughout their
career. Examples might include being:
1. Measurement Development: A leader in developing patient reported outcomes measures (PROMs) for
enhancing patient-centered research, improving outcomes and engaging patients in their own care.
2. Research: A leader in promoting the adoption of PROMs for clinical, comparative effectiveness and
health services research.
3. Improvement: A leader who promotes the use of PROMs for improving health care delivery and
population health programs.
4. Education: A leader who promotes the use of PROMs for educating health care professionals on how to
improve their ability to measurably improve the outcomes of things that matter most to patients.
To submit a nomination or self-nominate, please send (1) a cover letter to nominate the individual, and
(2) a CV of the individual nominated. Nominations should be submitted by Friday, March 13, 2020 to
* The Health Assessment Lab/Medical Outcomes Trust is a free-standing not-for-profit organization with the goal of advancing state-of-the-art tools for measuring health care services and health outcomes from the patient/person point of view.